SCDJWS Study Guide: UDDI
UDDI Inquery API
The messages in this section represent inquiries that anyone can make of any UDDI Operator Site at any time. These messages all behave synchronously and are required to be exposed via HTTP-POST only. Other synchronous or asynchronous mechanisms may be provided at the discretion of the individual UDDI Operator Site or UDDI compatible registry.
You use the Inquery API for querying the UDDI registry and fetching specific UDDI data structures. The Inquiry API provides three forms of query that follow broadly used conventions which match the needs of software traditionally used with registries: the browse pattern, the drill-down pattern and the invocation pattern.
- The browse pattern : The browse pattern is supported by way of the API calls involving "find" operations. These calls form the search capabilities provided by the API and are matched with summary return structures that return overview information about the registered information associated with the inquiry API and the search criteria specified in the inquiry.
- The drill-down pattern : Each instance of the core data structures such as businessEntity , businessService , bindingTemplate and tModel has a key which is one of the items in the summary information retrieved by find_XXX API calls. Given such a key, the full registered details for the corresponding instance can be retrieved by passing the key to the relevant get_XXX API.
- The invocation pattern : The bindingTemplate contains the specific details about an instance of a given interface type, including the location at which a program starts interacting with the web service. The calling application caches this information and uses it to contact the web service at the registered address whenever it needs to communicate with the web service instance.
- <find_business> : The API call is used to locate information about one or more businesses. Given a set of criteria (categories, identifiers, tModels, or dicoveryURL), the API call will return a <businessList> message which includes their keys, name, descriptions, and businessService names and keys.
- <find_binding>: The API call is used to locate specific bindings within a registered businessService. The API call returns a <bindingDetail> that contains zero or more <bindingTemplate> structures whose tModels match the criteria specified in the argument list.
- <find_relatedBusinesses>: The API call is used to locate information about businessEntity registrations that are related to a specific business entity whose key is passed in the inquiry. The Related Businesses feature is used to manage registration of business units and subsequently relate them based on organizational hierarchies or business partner relationships. The API call returns a lightweight list, <relatedBusinessesList>, of all the businesses that have visible publisherAssertion relationships with a specified organization. The search can be modified to list a subset of all related business, according to KeyedReference elemnts.
- <find_service> : The API call is used to locate specific services within a registered businessEntity. This API call returns a <businessList>, a lightweight list of all the businessService entries, that match the criteria specified in the arguments (such as categories, tModel key, or both).
- <find_tModel> : The API call is used to find all the tModels information structures that match the names, identifiers, or categories listed in the request message . The response consists of summary information (i.e., tModelInfos ) about registered <tModel> data returned in a <tModelList> structure.
- <get_businessDetail> : The API is used to get the full businessEntity information for one or more businesses or organizations. This API returns a businessDetail message on successful match of one or more businessKey values. If multiple businessKey values were passed, the results will be returned in the same order as the keys passed.
- <get_businessDetailExt> : The API is used to get extended businessEntity information. Returns a businessDetailExt message. This API returns a businessDetailExt message on successful match of one or more businessKey values. If multiple businessKey values were passed, the results will be returned in the same order as the keys passed.
- <get_serviceDetail>: The API is used to request full information about a known businessService structure. This API call returns a serviceDetail message on successful match of one or more serviceKey values.If multiple serviceKey values were passed, the results will be returned in the same order as the keys passed.
The API call is used to request full
about/known tModel data by key. <tModel>
elements. This API call returns
a tModelDetail message on successful match of one or more tModelKey
multiple tModelKey values were passed, the results will be returned in
order as the keys passed.
- <get_bindingDetail> : It is used to get full bindingTemplate information suitable for making one or more service requests. The API call request one or more <bindingTemplate> data structure by their unique bindingKey values specified. Returns a bindingDetail message containing match <bindingTemplate> data structure.